You have stretched your day and your energy as far as possible and the phone rings. Perhaps you will be able to sit down, spend a few minutes chatting before tending to your caregiving or family responsibilities.
You begin to tense as the caller cheerfully greets you like a long-lost friend, then proceeds to offer you some great deal or “free” item.
As you contemplate throwing the phone or saying some things God doesn’t want to hear, you eye the mail falling off the table and onto the floor.
Junk mail! Catalogs! Phone solicitations! It’s these little things that often keep us buried in the “I’ll never get it all done” mode.
Would you like to get rid of the junk mail, unwanted calls, extra catalogs and such? Here are some very, very good sources of information and helps for you. I have found many of these websites and addresses to be timesavers and stress relievers.
NOTE: Why not copy this list and block off just thirty minutes a morning to check them out. You will find the websites easy to navigate and quite useful. There are also addresses for several and telephone numbers if you would rather work offline.
- Unwanted phone calls: National Do Not Call Registry, https://donotcall.gov 1-888-382-1222
- Junk mail: https://www.dmachoice.org DMA Mail Preference Service, P O Box 643, Carmel, NY 10512. This service will help you start getting the mail you want and stop getting the mail you don’t.
- Unwanted e-mail (SPAM): https://dmachoice.org/static/learn_more.php In addition to junk mail choices, this site offers E-mail Opt Out, Register the Deceased, Register as a Caretaker and more.
- Unwanted catalogs: www.catalogchoice.org
- Pre-Approved Credit Card and Insurance Offers: 1-888-567-8688 Sign up to reduce pre-approved credit card and insurance offers.
It will take some time for you to see the results, but I am sure you will find it worthwhile to contact these sources and simplify your daily stressors.
Trusting you will find these as helpful as I have. Please let me know of any you have found beneficial to you.
As you care for others, take time to care for you as well.
Sign up below the pretty yellow bow at the top right of this page for my newsletter and more helps and encouragement.